St John's Church would like to thank all who have supported our fund-raising appeal. Once promised funds have been received from Tesco (see below) we will be very close to our appeal target. However we still need a further £432 - so there is still time to contribute to the appeal! For details of how to give download the information brochure here.
St John's Church has been informed that we have been awarded £1000 from the Tesco Bags of Help initiative. Thank you to all who voted in Tesco stores for the Church Hall appeal.
Early exterior repair and painting
Following painting and replacement of the windows with double-glazed units, the rest of the work to upgrade the Church Hall is now well under way.
See below for a summary of the planned improvements.
Internally the new kitchen has been fitted. The new single toilet space has been created and is awaiting fitting. New internal doors and a new fire escape door have been fitted.
Externally the front of the hall has been underpinned and work to created the access ramps, new steps and flower bed has started.
Some photos of the work so far are below.
WHAT NEXT ?
We are hopeful that all the major work will be completed by the end of August. After cleaning, decoration and commissioning of new equipment we hope the Hall will become available for use some time in September.
We plan to have some open days when members of the community can come and see the improvements - details will be provided in due course.
BOOKING THE HALL
We will publicise as soon as we can the date from which booking the hall will recommence.
What activities are suited to the Church Hall?
• Parties for all age groups
• Meetings, clubs, courses
• Physical exercise groups e.g keep fit , yoga, dance, pilates
• Group activites requiring natural light e.g. painting, drawing, art
• Games e.g bridge
SUMMARY OF THE UPGRADE
The Church Hall Upgrade aims to improve the building to make it accessible to and usable by everybody in the community. It will also bring the facilities and building up to modern standards.
The Improvements will comprise four main elements:
• Access – Step and ramp access for users of all abilities and for pushchairs. Emergency exit moved to new location. All illuminated for safe access and exit in low light conditions.
• Kitchen – Completely new modern kitchen with cooking facilities suitable for use by disabled persons.
• Toilets – One toilet with disabled access and baby changing facilities, re-using the space currently occupied by two separate toilets.
• Windows - New double glazed windows to help improve the insulation and heat conservation.